Feeling like a healthy treat? Try Almond Butter Protein Balls
Well don’t cave for a store-bought peanut butter cookie full of additives and preservatives. SWAP-IT for a home-made raw treat. Make your own Almond Butter Protein Balls on SUNDAY for the week ahead so you are prepared and then you’ll be snacking on nourishing food during the week.
Check out these Nut Butter Protein Balls!
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1 scoop of protein powder (pea + brown rice or whey)
- ½ cup of nut butter (almond or cashew)
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup of cacao powder
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- cacao powder – sprinkle
- coconut- sprinkle
- Combine all ingredients in the Thermomix or in a high powered blender for 30 seconds
- Scrape down the bowl and blend again if necessary
- Squeeze and roll in your hands to make small ball shapes
- Serve plain or roll in sesame seeds / cacao nibs
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container
If you use peanut butter in place of the almond or cashew butter, do not add in any coconut oil. Depending on the oil content in the peanut butter, you may need to add more almond meal.
If you like this recipe, you might also enjoy our Chocolate Protein Bliss Balls Recipe.
Be sure to make these an set aside the amount per day you will have so you don’t over eat these tasty treats. Get creative and make up your own recipes adding in greens powder, different types of energy boosting foods. I like to use seeds such as sunflowers seeds, pumpkin seeds, hazel nuts.
1 cup of almond meal, 614c
1 scoop of protein powder (pea + brown rice or whey 165c
½ cup of nut butter (almond or cashew) 202c
2 tbsp honey 33c
¼ cup of cacao powder 60c
3 tbsp of coconut oil 88c
cacao powder – sprinkle 10c
coconut- sprinkle 169c
Total: 1332. divide these up into 20-25 small balls.