Most of us are aware that tea is good for us, but many wouldn’t realise the healing purposes of tea. All herbs are medicine, even tea, they have some amazing benefits from drinking them. Let’s see Why I Drink Tea Before Coffee In The Morning.
Tea is one of the most un-researched natural medicines in the world, which is strange considering it is one of the oldest forms of natural healing dating back to the 16th century. Sadly, drug companies can’t make any money off it, so there is no incentive to research it.
For those of you that are still under the impression that tea is for hippies, I can assure you that it isn’t. Maybe those hippies were on to something. It is a cost effective and easy healing treatment that will gently address symptoms within your body.
When making tea, be sure you are drinking the right tea for it’s specific healing purpose. It is also especially important to buy organic herbs. If your herbs are bathed in pesticide, instead of getting the healing goodness of the herb, you are soaking toxins with your leaves that will need to be detoxed.
Here is my list of go to teas that I sip on frequently throughout the day.
1. Ginger and Lemongrass
- Relieves cold and flu like symptoms
- Both ginger and lemongrass have high anti-inflammatory properties
- Lemongrass is high in antioxidants, anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic and anti-fungal properties
- Ginger also fixes stomach issues and has been found to reduce appetite
2. Dandelion and Peppermint
- Keeps your liver healthy, aiding fat loss
- Promotes a healthy metabolism
- Stimulates your appetite
- Improves digestive health
- 50 times more antioxidants than green tea
- Rich in Vitamin C
- Ease digestive problems
- Relief from allergies, headaches, insomnia and bone weakness
- Powerful antioxidant
- Improve brain function from the combination of caffeine and L-thiamine
- Fat burning
- Improve physical performance by mobilising the fatty acids used for energy
- Powerful in treating stomach bugs and intestinal issues
- Insomnia Treatment
- Migraine relief
- Anxious issues and nervousness
6. Dandelion and Chicory Root
- Tastes like coffee & looks like coffee – best coffee substitute we have found
- Dandelion is a blood purifier
- Dandelion is high in potassium
- Chicory is a digestive tonic
- Chicory decreases inflammation
There are so many more teas with wonderful flavours and different heath benefits. Try them for yourself and experience first hand how they can help extend your good health journey with their many different healing qualities.