Who likes Jelly Babies?
After training hundreds of clients here at our Gold Coast Personal Training Gym, the focus is always on healing the gut. We improve our gut health and promote a change in lifestyle habits to keep the weight loss long-term. Yes, there are two ways to burn fat; exercise and eating a clean diet, although, both combined, work optimally to get you the best results. SO that’s why we love the “Gut Loving Jellies.”
The best thing anyone can do for their gut is to eat REAL whole foods.
These treats we like to make are not just super tasty but they are super easy to make. These jelly treaties are made with Gelatin- an excellent source of protein- the building blocks for life. (Gelatin is made from bones, hides and connective tissues of animals.)
Gelatin has been known for helping muscle recover, reduce inflammation and help you sleep better. It is also really good for your gut as it helps to heal the gut lining, aids the detoxification process of the liver and increases digestion.
It sounds too good to be true right! Why not give these a try!
- ½ cup of pureed fruit (raspberry, blueberry, mango)
- 1-2 tbsp of honey
- 3 tbsp of grass-fed gelatin powder (from a health food store)
- ½ cup of h20 (or coconut water)
- Probiotic powder (optional)
- Puree fruit in a high powered blender
- In a saucepan, whisk the gelatin with water until dissolved over a low heat
- Combine the fruit, gelatin, water, honey and probiotic together
- Pour the mixture into the moulds and put in the fridge to set for around 15-30 minutes
- Remove and put jellies into an airtight container; store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks
If you like this recipe, check out our blog on Fermented Veggies and why love them so much.