We were looking at the markets (just over the weekend) to find some healthy protein cookies, we tried some which were delicious, only to realise the cookie contained a protein powder in it with a few nasties, once looking more into the ingredients. We use Trilogy Protein Powder as it has the purest and fine ingredients, with no fillers and artificial sweeteners. So we decided to have a crack at making our own protein cookie recipe that afternoon. Yep! I think we nailed it!
IMG 2200 e1547529339215 225×300 – Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
1 scoop of vanilla WPI Protein Powder
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 large egg
1 large egg white
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons coconut flour
2 tablespoons of cocoa nibs
2 tablespoons goji berries
1. Place a rack in the centre of your oven and preheat the oven 180 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients together.
2. It may look dry at first but it will continue to come together as you stir and push with a fork to form a dough.
3. At this point, judge your dough, as the amount of moisture may vary based on the brand of protein powder you use. We use this protein powder, as it makes it slightly sticky but not a total mushy mess. If you need a firmer dough, add a bit more protein powder. For a looser dough, sprinkle the batter with a bit of almond milk and with a spatula, fold it in until the dough comes together.
4. With a small spoon, portion the cookie dough by tablespoonfuls and drop onto your prepared baking sheet (you will have 12 to 14 cookies total). With your fingers, gently flatten the tops of the cookies, as they will not spread but will puff up during baking.
5. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, until the edges are barely golden brown and dry to the touch but the middles seem fairly doughy. Do not overbake! Place the cookies on a wire rack and allow the cookies to cool.
These generously-sized cookies will melt in your mouth. They are our new favourite cookie recipe. A perfect snack that is easy to make at home & take out and about. They pack a punch when feeding a craving, and you don’t need to feel guilty about eating them either!