These take no time to make – if you prepare plenty of the ‘base’ recipe mix, divide them into portions & you can make a whole variety of different flavours to see you through the week.
*Best eaten post-training!*
¼ cup raw cacao
¼ cup shredded/desiccated coconut
¼ cup raw cashews (chop in food processor)
1tsp of coconut oil
2 tablespoons agave nectar or Stevia (better option for low sugar)
6-8 dates. pitted
½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon either chocolate protein powder
1 tsp cinnamon
4 -5 drops of Wild Orange Essential Oil
– Add goji berries, chia seeds, maca powder, spirulina/greens for a more nutritious and filling snack
– Roll in sesame seeds,LSA, chia seeds or linseeds instead of coconut (these work especially well if you’re mixing in spirulina or greens powders)
– Add a tablespoon of peanut butter instead of the coconut oil
- Add all the ingredients except desiccated coconut) to a food processor and blend until they combine into a sticky ball, if it’s too dry add a little water.
- Scoop out individual portions and roll into little balls with your hands.
- Put desiccated coconut on flat surface and roll balls in to cover
- Refrigerate balls for at least 1 hour before serving.
Depending on the size of your portions, the recipe will make 8 to 15 balls
Can be kept for at least 2 weeks in the fridge (if they last that long!)
If you want to know more about the Essential Oils click here